Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mentoring at Swansboro

I just finished my third year as a mentor for Meosha at Swansboro Elementary School.  I spend about an hour a week with her at school.  We sometimes do school work but usually do projects or just talk.

Monday was the last day for this school year.  A group of mentors and mentees had lunch together in the gym (it was planned for the garden but wet ground and impending storms moved us inside).  I tried to make lunch both healthy and fun.  I think I succeeded there but the food, itself, was not a huge hit.  Cute though, huh?


Gifts are discouraged but everybody kind of breaks that rule.  Since Meosha and I have spent time with a couple of sewing projects, I put together a sewing kit for her.  I may have spent $7 or $8....mostly on the scissors.  Every sewing girl needs decent embroidery scissors.


I bought the scissors, the seam ripper, the needle threader, and embroidery needles.  I can't remember where I found the little stitch book...somewhere online.  I made the needle book from this GingerMelon free pattern.  Everything else was just here.


A few easy patterns in a notebook.


A little embroidery floss.


And a bag of felt scraps.  Here's hoping for a fun summer sewing.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for being a mentor! The little sewing kit is a great gift to inspire creativity during a long hot summer.

    The lunch looked cute and yummy!

    ReplyDelete