The Bottle Tree
Several years ago BC ran over a yellow jacket hole while mowing the grass. Needless to say, the yellow jackets were quite angry...and of course, they took it all out on BC...swarming, stinging, and stinging some more. By the time he got inside he was stung on every uncovered part of his body. No Benadryl in the house. I offered to go to CVS...less than 1/2 mile away...but he insisted that he could handle it. It wasn't long before I received a call from the pharmacist. BC had passed out in CVS, an ambulance had been called, and they were taking him to the hospital as a precaution. Long story short, we were out of the emergency room in record time (getting there by ambulance sure makes a difference), BC is allergic to bee stings, and we needed to kill the yellow jackets. We poured gasoline down the yellow jacket hole, killed the tree, and made the best bottle tree ever.