Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Slowly

Thanksgiving was late this year.  I am busy at work this year.  I probably have some other excuses for not being ready for Christmas...I never really am.  But slowly some things are getting done and what doesn't get done just doesn't get done.



I wanted to buy more presents for the girls but I have waited too late.  They really shouldn't mind getting surprises in January and February, should they?  After all they are awesome mature adults who understand that their mother is a little overwhelmed :).


I started with wreaths and then got stalled.  I have made some cookies and I have finally decorated the tree.


This wreath is new this year.  My friend, Kathleen, made it from tin can lids and vintage balls.  I think it is beautiful and that she is really talented.  And I am a little jealous.

I did make a few new tree ornaments.  It is one of those things that I like to do...that keeps me from doing those boring mundane household chores.  These ornaments were made from patterns from Betz White.  They are all fairly easy...the instructions sometimes said to glue but I decided to sew....glue didn't seem to hold.







There is more to do....presents to wrap, cakes to bake, and a few more gifts to buy.  Getting busy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays to you and your family! It can be an overwhelming time of year yet you have created beautiful decorations for your home. Your wreathes are gorgeous. The ornaments are dear, I especially like the mug of hot chocolate.
    Here there are still gifts to buy, presents to wrap....I can't wait to have everyone here again and see Christmas through the eyes of a now 4 year old!

    ReplyDelete