Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vintage Handkerchiefs


This is a pile of vintage handkerchiefs.  All of them belonged to my mother or my grandmother.  I have had a few of them for years but I found the rest stored with these things.


My mom always bragged about all her boyfriends.  I always thought her stories were just a little exaggerated, but evidently she had at least one boyfriend in the Navy who sent her these things.  And evidently she thought enough of him to save them.  Or she just thought they were cool.

But back to the handkerchiefs.  They are too pretty to keep stored away in a lingerie bag that my mother's Navy boyfriend gave her.  So when I found this I was inspired to make this.


It was simple!!  I just picked 6 hankies that were the same size, stitched them together on the machine, and it was done.

Now I am thinking about what to do with the others.  A baby quiltBurp cloths?


No comments:

Post a Comment