Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas in Slow Motion

I really am getting ready for Christmas...it's just in slow motion.  Oh to have the spirit I used to have.
I'm still kind of in Thanksgiving mode...two weeks before Christmas...not good.
I made turkey gumbo today..a very good thing.  I dubbed it angel food a few years ago...you should try it. 
I use the recipe from Justin Wilson's Homegrown Louisiana Cookin' and the leftover Thanksgiving turkey.   Now I am cleaning off my desk and the next project is to figure out the gifts I have bought and the gifts I still need to buy or make.  One problem...I made a list that I can't read.  I was afraid that a family member may pick it up so I used abbreviations...I have no idea what some of them mean.  But the goal is to be completely organized by the end of this weekend and finished with shopping and decorating by next weekend.  And if I don't finish...I don't finish.  The world will not end.

No comments:

Post a Comment